http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Minor Blues scale with added 3 and 7

 

I love that live shot just to the left there, 2019 I think, from the times before.

Hopefully not too long before we can get out and do stuff like that again... needs to be fairly soon because I'm running out of live shots to use on blog posts or at least ones where I'm in heroic rock poses and not just gurning into space.

Today's scale is the MINOR BLUES SCALE with added 3 and 7. It contains the intervals: 1, b3, 3, 4, b5, 5, b7, 7.

I really love the sound of blurring major/minor blues and pentatonic scales. This one is my favourite. Of all the variations I've posted MINOR PENTATONIC add 3 comes a close second, and the HYBRID MAJOR/MINOR BLUES SCALE was strangely not the vibe I was after but is worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

I've mapped out Minor Blues Add 3 and 7 below in 3 versions. First 2 based on adding notes to the conventional MINOR BLUES SCALE boxes and the third option, which is by far the easiest and the one I use the most  is probably easiest to visualize and apply if you think of it as adding notes to the MINOR PENTATONIC SCALE.

That probably all sounds very complicated, but if you physically actually noodle up and down them a bit, it will all make sense.

EDIT: You can find some 3NPS options for this scale HERE

Enjoy!

Don't forget that you can support the blog by buying my content on your amazon of choice:

MY BOOKS ON AMAZON.CO.UK

MY BOOKS ON AMAZON.COM