http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

LOCRIAN NATURAL 2ND

Post 100 on the Rob Silver blog...

So to celebrate I drank lots of wine and ate loads of Lebanese food!

Today's lucky scale is LOCRIAN NATURAL 2ND, or as I prefer to call it "Minor b5".

LOCRIAN NATURAL 2ND is the 6th mode of Melodic Minor and is made of the intervals, 1,2,b3,4,b5,b6,b7.

That's the same as THE LOCRIAN MODE with a natural 2nd or THE AEOLIAN MODE with a flat 5.

It makes much more sense I guess music theory wise to refer to it in terms of the Locrian mode because the triad it makes is diminished, but I only use it ever over minor chords or progressions, so in my "lazy rock guitarist" applications of it, it seems more practical for me to refer to it as Minor b5 or Aeolian b5.

 CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF ALL THE FREE GUITAR RESOURCES ON MY BLOG!